Where do we send in our submissions?
- Submission Portal (specifically for the site/print issues…this portal will open/close depending on the volume of work received)
Can we submit to COCA all year long?
- Yes and No. On our tumblr we take submissions all year, on our instagram we also post work as well depending on relevance.
What is the Submission Portal?
- This is where you submit work to be featured exclusively in our print issues and our site. Access to this portal will open and close based on when we decide on releasing our print issues and theme’s that will occur on our site.
What is a writer / artist statement?
- A general introduction to your work, a body of work, or a specific project.
- For artists – the work’s basic ideas , go into detail about how these issues or ideas are presented in the work – we don’t require it to be essay length – be brief (click here for more in depth help)
- For writers – talk about and analyze your writing, explain the purposes for writing the piece, what’s it relevance
- For Poets– not just a basic description talk about the underlying concepts and meaning of your pieces, who/what influence your writing – as mentioned above be brief (click here for some help)
We reserve the right to respectfully decline any submission/collaboration that doesn't align with our mission!